Project Manager – Primary Schools
A position has arisen for an enthusiastic and passionate member of staff to work along with a small and dedicated team in a permanent position as a Project Manager for our primary school programme. Greenpower Education Trust is a dynamic charitable organisation working in partnership with schools, industry and the community with the following aim: To advance education in the subjects of sustainable engineering and technology to young people. This is achieved through our renowned project to design, build and race electric cars, with over 600 teams of young people currently participating.
The successful candidate will spend a period of approximately one year working predominantly from our office in West Sussex, fully understanding the programme, connecting with the various stakeholders currently involved, organising and attending our 2017 series of primary schools events nationwide.
Following this initial period, the Project Manager will be expected to develop the primary school programme at pace. This will involve significant nationwide travel, developing existing relationships with our partner organisations and networks, and forging new relationships. The ambition is to significantly increase the number of primary school events, in a controlled and sustainable way, ultimately allowing thousands more young people to access the programme. It is envisaged that this will be achieved through partner organisations and volunteer individuals operating events on behalf of Greenpower Education Trust.
Regular tasks to include:
· Experience of the education sector
· Experience of developing partnerships
· Experience of working with volunteers
· Understanding of health, safety and risk management
- Be prepared to work event weekends regularly for which days are given off in lieu
- Have excellent presentation skills
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be prepared to travel regularly for meetings and events
- Be able and willing to lift and carry heavy equipment
- Be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check organised by Greenpower
Location: The Greenpower Centre, Arundel Road, Fontwell, West Sussex, BN18 0SD.
Contract: Full Time.
Holiday: 20 days plus statutory holidays.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Please apply with cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 9th September 2016