Dr Robert Carter (Bob C)

With great sadness a friend of Greenpower, and integral team member of CAUC (Sandbach High School), Dr Robert Carter (Bob C) recently passed away.

Our thoughts here at Greenpower are both with his family, friends and his extended CAUC family.

Bob was a regular in the paddock since 2005, and was a friend to many competitors over the years.

The Carter family have kindly extended the invitation to anyone who wishes to attend his funeral.

The service is due to take place at 13:00 on Monday 26th June, at St John the Evangelist Church of England, Read-in-Whalley, Nr Burnley, Lancashire. BB12 7RL

The family understands that this is a significant journey for many people and attendance may be difficult, but you are welcome.

Refreshments will be provided after the service at the Higher Trapp Hotel, Trapp Lane, Simonstone, Nr Burnley, Lancashire, BB12 7QW

www.cauc-f24.org

Comments

• whswhs
    edited June 21
    This is desperately bad news. Bob was a stalwart contributor here and a wonderful human being. I will miss his kindness and expertise terribly. A sad personal loss and to the GP community.
  • Very sad to hear this news, I only met Bob a few times but he was clearly a very passionate engineer willing to give a lot of his time. While I have been involved in GP I have enjoyed finding posts of his on the endless sphere forum as well as here just to try and extract some tips ready to bring to the racetrack!

This is still a particular favourite of mine, Matt and I were very excited to see this in action when we found this video before season start!:

• A true competitor and an inspiration to a great many students - my sincere condolences
    to his family , greenpower will miss you mate !!
  • edited June 24
    That is very sad news. Bob was so active in CAUC and Greenpower in general. Always happy for a fun chat, happy to contribute and to help anyone. I will miss our chats both on and off circuits. I'm sure he will be sorely missed at CAUC and Greenpower in general. My condolences to his family and CAUC.
  • Really sorry to hear such sad news. Bob was a creative genius who helped CAUC to set a very high bar with such innovative designs in the world of Greenpower. A true inspiration.
  • Terribly sad news, Bob will be missed by us all. Our condolences to his family and friends, and also to CAUC.
  • Have just come across this very sad news as I'm now living in New Zealand and have only just logged in to the blog after a long absence. My sincerest condolences to all Bob's family and friends as he will surely be missed. He was a very great help to me personally and to the Foremarke Team over the past 10 years that I was involved with GP. We always had a friendly chat at the various meets around the country to share stories and progress with our respective teams.